5 Fun Facts About Electric Fireplaces (Infographic)
Electric fireplaces offer great versatility and energy efficiency compared to gas or wood fireplaces. The main downfall of an electric fireplace is that they don’t offer that authentic fireplace feel of a wood-burning, or even a gas, fireplace. However, if you’re not concerned with authenticity, an electric fireplace is a great option for you. Here are some interesting facts about the benefits of electric fireplaces.
1. An electric fireplace can heat a room that’s up to 500 square feet. Electric fireplaces do not heat as well as a gas fireplace, but they are great for making small rooms or areas more comfortable.
2. Electric fireplaces are 100% efficient. No energy goes to waste when used by an electric fireplace. They use about the same amount of energy as a coffee maker.
3. Electric fireplaces do not release any pollutants when used. Unlike gas or wood fireplaces, electric fireplaces don’t emit vapors as part of the burning process. They are clean and energy efficient.
4. Most electric fireplaces only need a 120 volt outlet to operate. Electric fireplaces are extremely versatile. Once you get it set up initially set up, you can move it around your house when your heating needs change.
5. Electric fireplaces only cost about $0.09 per hour to run. Electric fireplaces are extremely energy efficient. You will most likely only spend about $25 per year on its operational costs.